For an overly articulate child, the toddler says a lot of goofy things. I keep thinking I'll remember them at least long enough to embarrass her in front of her pre-teen friends, but who am I kidding? My memory is already on the fritz. Better write them down.
Many of her toddlerisms involve misheard character names: She loves Pligget, Stickey Mouse, Buzz Likeyear ("I'm Buzz Likeyear!" "No, I'm Buzz Likeyear!"), and lately the Little Einstarts (or stars, depending).
She used to dance by bouncing up and down, but her new love is spinning endlessly in circles. "Oh no, Mommy!" she'll say, fighting vertigo to stay upright. "I'm getting so busy!"
Her favorite vegetables of all time are green beans or, in toddler parlance, "beam beams."
Not everything goofy that she says is a misheard word, of course. Some things she just misunderstands completely. We have a book about Santa Clause that she loves to read all year round. When she gets to the page with Santa flying over the housetops in his sleigh, she exclaims, "Look, Mommy! Santa and his kangaroos!" That one makes me giggle every time. I can't bring myself to correct her because I love to hear her say it.
There are more, I'm sure, but as I said my memory is on the friz. I'll add to this collection as I think of them.
~RCH~
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment