I generally describe my girls as good sleepers. They've each got their quirks, of course -- the toddler has a highly elaborate bedtime ritual that has evolved over the 2-1/2 years of her life and the baby tends to be a night owl -- but they both sleep for long stretches at a time almost all the time, and they've been very good lately at coordinating naps.
Until this week, that is. Here's a sample night:
9pm - The toddler goes to bed.
12am - The baby, who had been going to bed like a good little girl at 8 or 9pm until she started teething again, has reverted to her midnight bedtime. I finally get her to sleep.
2am - After spending a couple hours puttering around the house (laundry, dishes, showering for the first time in 2.5 days), I finally go to bed.
2:30am - DH, who is supposed to be on call, has a slow enough night that he gets to come home. I wake up when he gets in.
2:47am - The toddler wakes up from a bad dream. I get her settled back in and comfy cozy, then try to fall asleep again myself.
3:30am - The toddler wakes up again, demanding her tooth brush. I get that for her and go back to bed.
4:15am - The baby wakes up to nurse ... and then stays up, playing happily (drumming on her toy box and growling, lol), until 6:30am.
6:30am - I finally get to go to sleep for good (ha, ha).
8:30am - The toddler wakes up for the day, and I drag my exhausted butt out of bed to join her.
12:30pm - The baby wakes up for the day.
1pm - The toddler goes down for a nap. Because they've just missed each other in passing, I have no chance for a nap and no time to myself....
This scenario has played out about every other day this week and it is definitely taking its toll on me. *Sigh!* I don't know if there's enough Dr. Pepper in the world to keep me awake much longer.
~RCH~
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment