Here are some of the better outtakes:

The photo I ultimately chose depicts a lifelong love of mine. I think of it and my bosom swells (yes, kids, my bosom, lol). My eyes dilate and my heart beats faster! I lose focus on all else -- on everything but this, the unexplored road:

They don't call it wanderlust for nothin'. ;-)
I don't know if it's the best photo I've taken in the last week -- though I do like the colors! -- but it's the one that speaks to me the most (it whispers something like this). Romance is, by definition, incredibly personal, right? So along those lines, I'd love to hear from you readers / lurkers: What says romance to you?
Mary, your next challenge is sort of inspired by this one, and also by the water challenge you gave me a while ago. I want you to photograph WEST. Have fun! :-)
~RCH~


4 comments:
The photo you selected of the open road would surely be my pick to illustrate the concept of romance. That picture surely speaks to me and heightens my anticipation for the road trip we'll take next month.
I love that pic. Then I laughed when I read your Dad's blog about when your brother was born. How they had to put up a fence to keep YOU in. Then when they brought Talmage back from the hospital, you were there to greet them on the OUTSIDE of said fence. Too funny. You have always had a wandering heart my dear. This is one of the reasons I heart you!
is the open road picture in swan lake? it looks like the road on the left turns off to yearsly road in swan lake and the other one goes over the hill toward the mountains. i can't remember the name of that road. they never had road names when i lived there. we had no road signs whatsoever. stanton yearsly lives on that road as well as betty gambles, but gambles road is up cottonwood canyon aways. those signs have just been put there in the last few years and i haven't lived there since 1957.
all of your pictures are beautiful. i always enjoy them.
Post a Comment