Monday, August 18, 2008

Quote Book Clearing House

We attended the local Presbyterian church with MIL during our recent visit. DH, MIL, the baby and I went to the regular service while Uno and Dos were shuttled off to children's church (the LDS equivalent would be Primary, more or less).

Apparently the children's church director is someone who has known DH since he was a baby. Upon seeing Dos she said, "Oh, you must be DH's daughter! You look just like him!"

"No I don't," Dos said a little indignantly. "He doesn't have any hair!"

* * *

DH, while having dinner: Dos, eat your corn dog! You've had enough butter. (She had been opening those individual butter packets at the restaurant and eating it straight with her fork.)

* * *

Playtime overheard:

DOS: I'm sorry, my mother says I can't talk to mosquitoes.

UNO: Actually, I tied your mom up in the closet. Does your dad say it's okay?

DOS: Yeah, sure!

* * *

This one's a year or so old, but I don't think I've ever blogged it and it still cracks me up:

DH was kvetching about someone he thinks is a little co-dependent. "[Person] couldn't wipe [his/her] own butt without help!" he said.

Uno, who we didn't know was even listening, excitedly raised her hand and said, "Oooh! I can, Daddy! I know how to wipe my own butt!"

The two of us then had to keep a straight face while we congratulated her on her mad bathroom skillz.


~RCH~

2 comments:

K2 said...

Oh that third one is a total CLASSIC! And totally Uno..totally. Something you can use when she is a teen..to embarass her in front of boys! :-)

(insert evil laugh here)

Eliza said...

ah I love your girlies!

  Based on the Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com © 2008

Back to TOP